Gardens

Roses in the Garden at Lisnavagh

The Gardens were originally designed by Daniel Robertson (of Powerscourt and Johnstown Castle fame, amongst others) in the 1850’s. Many of the original trees and features were retained at that time. Since then, thanks to Lady Rathdonnell, much work has gone into the restoration of the pleasure grounds so that their splendour may be enjoyed for generations to come. The gardens today are maintained by Emily Bunbury and her dedicated team so that each visitor can enjoy the 14 acres of borders, pleasure grounds and walled garden.